A major struggle for many 9-to-5-ers (er- 8:30 – 8:30 ers) is figuring out the whole eating-lunch-at-work thing. Between grocery shopping, shelf life and just finding the time, it can be hard to plan lunches that are packable, convenient, healthy and, for some of us, easy to eat at our desks while we chug away.
Below is a list of links to my posts that feature recipes and foods that make for a great lunch at work. They are organized based on what you would need to have at work since everyone’s office is a little different!
All you need is an icepack:
- Surprisingly Satisfying Simple Side Salad
- Chicken Salad Sandwich – with a crunch!
- My Big [low in] Fat Greek Salad
- Spinach Caprese Pasta Salad
All you need is a Microwave:
Cook ahead and pack for lunch at work, or make for dinner and take the leftovers!
- One Pan Pasta Primavera
- Healthy Chick’s Chili
- Quickie Chicken Fiesta Wrap
- Chili Lime Chicken w/ Mango Avocado Salsa
TIPS FOR BROWN BAGGIN’ IT
- Separation: Pack dressing in separate containers to avoid soggy salads and sandwiches. Those tiny tupperware containers that are made just for this purpose are worth the [less than] $3 that they cost! Pack meat separately so that you can heat it without wilting the other ingredients.
- Spread it out: Depending on how much freedom and flexibility you have at your desk, consider packing a few smaller snacks and a slightly larger lunch – a midmorning snack, lunch and late afternoon snack. You’re less likely to over-eat and you’ll be better fueled throughout the day.
- Ice packs are your best friend. They are not just for little kids! They make so many different kinds now, you can find one that fits nicely in your “lunch box”.
- Have fun with it! This is super cheesy (pun absolutely intended), I know, but I’m serious. Pick out a fun lunchbox/bag/cooler – it’s one accesstory that doesn’t have to match. At all. Ever. And have fun deciding what you want to bring. It doesn’t have to be boring!
Have more tips for brown baggin’ it?! Please let me know! If i add it to my list, you’ll get all the credit